Stage 4: Kellogg Hollow Road Race
Route Map Distance Depends on the Number of Laps Raced
- Any racer in any category that is outside the rolling enclosure must stay to the right of the center line at all times, including on the corners. Oncoming traffic will not be stopped.
- The course is rolling terrain on generally good roads. There is one railroad crossing less than a mile after the start. The crossing is rough and at a high angle. The crossing will NOT be covered. The race will be neutral until after everyone crosses the tracks.
- Each category will do a series of loops around the circuit loop. See the race schedule below for the number of loops designated for each category. The loop distance is 27 miles and has 2,010 feet of climbing. The entry section of the course from the start to the beginning of the loop is 6.4 miles and has 385 feet of climbing. The finish stretch from the end of the circuit loop to the finish line is 2.9 miles with 28 feet of climbing but is mostly downhill. The finish is flat – commonly into a head wind.
- WARNING- There is a sharp left turns at the bottom of high speed descents. Caution is advised. The sharp left turn is at 10 miles into the circuit loop at the bottom of Kellogg Hollow Rd where the course turns onto McKay-Alto Rd. You will be bombing down Kellogg Hollow Rd at 9% gradient.
Finishing time bonuses for the first three riders in each group on the Stage 4: Kellogg Hollow Road Race will be:
- 1st Place = 10 seconds
- 2nd Place = 6 seconds
- 3rd Place = 4 seconds
Note: For the Master 40/50/60+ and Women Pro-1-2 / Women Cat 3 races that are run together, Finish Time Bonuses will be awarded to the Top 3 places in each of the categories.
Category Start Time Laps Distance Elev Gain
- Men: Cat 3 8:00 am 2 63.3 miles 4,450 ft
- Men: Cat 4/5 8:10 am 2 63.3 miles 2,425 ft
- Women: Cat 4/5 and Master Women 8:20 am 1 36.3 miles 2,425 ft
- Men Pro: Cat 1/2 12:00 pm 3 90.3 miles 6,450 ft
- Master Men 40/50+/60+ 12:15 pm 2 63.3 miles 4,450 ft
- Women Pro: Cat 1/2 and Cat 3 12:35 pm 2 63.3 miles 4,450 ft