All CATEGORIES RACE THIS STAGE
- Staging takes place at Waitsburg Fairgrounds, directions are: Coming from Walla Walla – turn right on 10th St. off
- Highway 12, Fairgrounds are at the end of this road. You will be able to park your car here.
FOLLOW SIGNS FOR PARKING / PACKET
PICK UP (LIONS BUILDING) /TEAM MEETING (LIONS BUILDING)
Waitsburg Road Race Sign-in will be under a blue Tour of Walla Walla tent at the staging area on the corner of 10th and Caroline St. at 2:45 pm. Riders will stage on Caroline St. facing 10th St.
The first two miles of the race will be neutral, until the top of theclimb. Warming up is highly advised though. Trainers are recommended. If you prefer the road, 8th St two blocks to the north is a good place. Stay off the highways and the Stage 2 –Waitsburg Road Racecourse. Refer to the Waitsburg map in this bible. Please exercise caution as schools get out shortly before the race begins.
The center line rule is in effect except the last 200 meters for all Categories except the Men Pro-1-2 Category. Men Pro-1-2 riders that are in front of the follow cars may ride on either side of the center line. Caution is nevertheless advised, as the shoulder is narrow at best, leaving little room for an oncoming car to pull over.
Corner marshals will be directing automobile traffic. Their last priority is to direct you, the riders. Racers must know the course. There will be directional signs at all intersections where the course takes a turn. Any racer in any category that is outside the enclosure must stay to the right of the center line at all times, including on the corners. All categories take the right fork onto Ferris Rd on every lap. Ferris is 7.3 miles into the race, including the neutral climb, or 5.1 miles after the summit.
- Racers are forewarned there is one railroad crossing on Bolles Rd before the town of Waitsburg. It is at a serious angle. The crossing will be covered with plywood and carpet on the right side of the road only. Again, the covering will be
on the RIGHT SIDE of the road only.
- The feed zone is on Hart Rd. approx. 16.9 from the Finish Line. Feed will only be available to Men Pro-1-2 on the
second lap. Support personnel must park completely off road on RIGHT SIDE ONLY. Feeding will be on the right
side as usual. There will be NO neutral water at the feed zone. Access Feed Zone from Highway 124 (1.9 miles from Highway to Feed Zone)
- Please discard water bottles and trash at the feed zone, the finish line and at corners where volunteers can collect them only. Do not toss bottles into the farm fields – a $50 fine will be given to violators.