- Men Pro 1/2 (A&B)
- Men Cat 3 (A&B)
- Master Men 35+, 50+ 1/2/3
- Women Pro 1/2 & Women
- The first two miles of the race will be neutral, until the top of the climb. Warming up is highly advised though. Trainers are recommended. If you prefer the road, 8th St two blocks to the north is a good place. Stay off the highways and the Stage 2 – Waitsburg Road Racecourse. Refer to the Waitsburg map in this bible. Please exercise caution as schools get out shortly before the race begins.
- The center line rule is in effect except the last 200 meters for all Categories Caution is nevertheless advised, as the shoulder is narrow at best, leaving little room for an oncoming car to pull over.
- Corner marshals will be directing automobile traffic. Their last priority is to direct you, the riders. Racers must know the course. There will be directional signs (large red arrow on white placard) at all intersections where the course takes a turn. Any racer in any category that is outside the enclosure must stay to the right of the center line at all times, including on the corners. All categories take the right fork onto Ferris Rd. Ferris is 7.3 miles into the race, including the neutral climb, or 5.1 miles after the summit.
- Racers are forewarned there is one railroad crossing on Bolles Rd before the town of Waitsburg. It is at a serious angle and in poor condition – DO NOT CROSS CENTERLINE! The crossing will be covered in plywood and carpet ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF ROAD ONLY.
- NO discarding of water bottles on Stage 1.
- Finishing time bonuses for the first three riders in each group on the Stage 2: Waitsburg Road Race will be:
- 1st Place = 10 seconds
- 2nd Place = 6 seconds
- 3rd Place = 4 seconds
- Note: All groups that are run together will be awarded time bonuses to the Top 3 places in their respective category
- Wheel Support: See pages 6-7 on the protocol for Wheel Support
- Junior roll-out will be at the finish line.
Number Placement: Waitsburg RR right side.
- Final results posted at the outside windows at Allegro Cyclery, 200 E. Main Street downtown Walla Walla and at http://tofww.racedaywebsites.com/
- Support vehicle drivers and spectators are required to return to the staging area by continuing through the finish area for 1.5 miles. Turn left on Londagin Rd (gravel). Go 2.2 miles to Hwy 12 and turn left. Waitsburg is 3.0 miles ahead. This will relieve congestion on the hill. You will not be allowed to turn around and go back down the hill.
- Directions: From Walla Walla, Hwy 12 north for 20 miles, to Waitsburg. Turn right at the first right turn in town, on 10th.
STAGE 2: SCHEDULE
Men: Pro Cat ½ (A)
Men: Pro Cat ½ (B)
Men: 35+ 50+ 1/2/3
Men: Cat 3 (A)
Men: Cat 3 (B)
Women: Pro Cat ½, Cat 3